Can A Divorce Agreement Be Amended

13 sept Can A Divorce Agreement Be Amended

Brette`s answer: My experience is that most people move away from a feeling of divorce, as if they had the short end of the stick. No one wins in this situation. If circumstances have changed (a worse situation for you or a better one for him), you can ask the children for more help. Alimony can also be increased with a change in circumstances. You should talk to another lawyer if you want information on how to follow him. You can also apply to change your divorce decree if the circumstances have changed. For example, family allowances or regular maintenance payments may be adjusted, childcare may be changed or visiting times may be changed. If you want to change your divorce decree, you should consult a lawyer to understand the possibilities you have. Terris question: My ex-husband put in our divorce papers a condition so that my son could not be near the man I see. I was told that the law could only stay in the newspapers for one year.

Is this true and if not, what can I do to remove papers? Courts are more open to changing the terms of custody, child custody or spousal support agreements than to changing the terms of an asset transaction agreement. In fact, many states prohibit such a change. States that allow changes to asset transaction agreements typically only offer a very short amount of time — typically 30 days after your divorce — to apply for the change. Remember to present yourself well, to be prepared and to stay on point. Do not deviate from the reasons why you need to change the decree. At the end of the hearing, the judge will review both parties to the proposed amendment and make a decision. Any change in circumstances, whether financial or otherwise, may cause you or your former spouse to apply for changes to your divorce decision. Question from Susan: I had a divorce after about three years. I received monthly alimony and half of a case. My ex didn`t like the result and asked for a new trial…

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.